PM Gram Samridhi Yojana 2019
The important features and highlights of Pradhan Mantri Gram Samridhi Yojana are given below:
- The central govt. was already working on PM Gram Samriddhi Yojana with World Bank which is now going to be launched soon.
- PM Gram Samridhi Yojana will focus on micro enterprises (MFPS) with capitalization of less than Rs. 10 lakh rupees.
- The main objective of this scheme is to target small farmers. The central govt. will facilitate creation of 60 to 70 thousand such units within a short time.
- The pilot project will be start in 4 states namely Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab and initiative will be expanded subsequently.
- PM Gram Samridhi Yojana aims to develop a modern infrastructure to encourage entrepreneurs to set up food processing units, upgrade technology in existing unit, improve management of the units and give technical support.
The Indian govt. would also focus on getting NBFC funds for the food processing sector and to give a push to the National Food Processing Policy. World Bank will be giving Rs. 1,500 crore while Rs. 1,000 crore will be borne by the Central government while state governments will put in Rs 500 crore, totalling it to Rs. 3,000 crore.