Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal Awashesh Nivaran) Yojana 2019-20. PM JI-VAN Scheme is going to provide financial assistance to integrated Bio-ethanol projects by the use of lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock.
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana Phases
Phase-I (2018-19 to 2022-23) – Here 6 commercial projects & 5 demonstration projects would be supported.
Phase-II (2020-21 to 2023-24) – Here remaining 6 commercial projects and 5 demonstration projects will be supported.
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme will focus on incentivizing 2G Ethanol sector and support this industry by creating suitable ecosystem to setup commercial projects and increase R&D in that area.
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana Benefits
In addition to supplement the target set by the government under the EBP programme, PM JI-VAN Scheme will have the following benefits:
- To meet vision of the central govt. to reduce import dependence by substituting fossil fuels with biofuels.
- To achieve the GHG emission reduction targets by progressive blending / substitution of fossil fuels.
- In order to address environment concerns which are caused due to burning of biomass, crop residues and improving health of the citizens.
- To raise the farmer’s income by ensuring adequate income for their waste agricultural residues.
- Creation of rural and urban employment opportunities in 2G Ethanol projects along with biomass supply chain.
- Make a contribution to the Swachh Bharat Mission by supporting the aggregation of non-food biofuel feedstocks like biomass and urban waste.
- Indigenization of 2nd Generation Biomass to Ethanol technologies.